welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which phone do you think Marissa Mayer will give to every Yahoo employee?

Which phone do you think Marissa Mayer will give to every Yahoo employee?

According to businessinsider, Marissa Meyer, the new CEO of Yahoo, sent an e-mail message to all of Yahoo employees full-time and part-time in the United States, promised to give each of them a new smartphone. The list includes the Apple iPhone5, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC One X, but no blackberry.

Here's a memo that just went out:

We have a very exciting update to share with you today - we are announcing Yahoo! Smart Phones, Smart Fun! As of today, Yahoo is moving off of blackberries as our corporate phones and on to smartphones in 22 countries. A few weeks ago, we said that we would look into smartphone penetration rates globally and take those rates into account when deciding on corporate phones. Ideally, we'd like our employees to have devices similar to our users, so we can think and work as the majority of our users do.
    Moving forward, we'll offer you a choice of devices as well as provide monthly plans for the data and phone.
    The smartphone choices that we are including in the program are:

* Apple iPhone 5
    * Android:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3
    - HTC One X
    - HTC EVO 4G LTE
    * Windows Phone 8:
    - Nokia Lumia 920
    We're getting started right away and taking orders starting now

So which phone do you think Marissa Mayer will give to its every Yahoo employee?

The article originally come from here.

To properly answer your question.... It looks as though she is giving them a choice of phones.

most likely everybody will take an iphone...................

Quote Originally Posted by ludex99 View Post
    most likely everybody will take an iphone...................
    what makes you say that? not everyone is an iPhone fanboy jk the sgs3 is nice. as is the one x.

I will choose the Nokia Lumia 920. I think it is better than the iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by antp121 View Post
    what makes you say that? not everyone is an iPhone fanboy jk the sgs3 is nice. as is the one x.
    Yes, I agree with you. Samsung galaxy S3 is a superphone.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2
    Hey webjames
    It is up to the employees to pick from the list of offered smart phones.
    And I will compare the devices I will prefer iPhone 5 and Lumia 920 over SIII and android platform is vulnerable to malware programs. iOS and Windows are comparably better then android platform.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

+ Reply to Thread