welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone 5

iphone 5 question

hi guys, I seen the iphone 5 was announced it looks great! I never owned an iphone but I really want the iphone 5 does anyone think it will sell for at least 300 anytime soon?
    Last edited by Aurizen; 09-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.

With a contract or with an upgrade then the 16GB version will sell for $199. Without that then no it will not. However, some people say they want an iPhone and then when they get it, they notice how locked down it is and want to just get rid of it. Be careful about getting an iPhone because you never realty know what you're going into until you actually live with the device.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspirit777 View Post
    With a contract or with an upgrade then the 16GB version will sell for $199. Without that then no it will not. However, some people say they want an iPhone and then when they get it, they notice how locked down it is and want to just get rid of it. Be careful about getting an iPhone because you never realty know what you're going into until you actually live with the device.
    Well I have tmobile and they don't sell the iPhone, I was hoping to purchase one unlocked for possibly for $300 or less. Is someone here gonna give one away?

I understand how the iPhone is locked with limited customization and I'm perfectly fine with that as I wouldn't feel like customizing it and I have an ipod touch 2nd gen that's dying so i want to get an iPhone and get rid of my ipod touch and current phone.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurizen View Post
    Well I have tmobile and they don't sell the iPhone, I was hoping to purchase one unlocked for possibly for $300 or less. Is someone here gonna give one away?

I understand how the iPhone is locked with limited customization and I'm perfectly fine with that as I wouldn't feel like customizing it and I have an ipod touch 2nd gen that's dying so i want to get an iPhone and get rid of my ipod touch and current phone.
    You won't get one for that price until the iPhone 6 comes out, and even then it will be used and beat up for $300. Unlocked iPhones hold their value very well and there is no reason to discount them because of the great demand. Your best bet would be a used AT&T version in a few months then get it unlocked. It will still be above your budget, but the closest you can get.

well i have watched iphone 5 fetchers and that both are awesome. But i only pay $300 for it.

Well, I have seen the price on Apple Store. IPhone 5 cost is $199 as compared to Samsung S3, Its very reasonably price.
    SocialCubix is the iPhone Application Development Company

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2

Have a locked one

Hey cruisetom120
    The one you watched at Apple store is a 16 GB locked iPhone.

Aurizen
    As iPhone5 costs $649 (unlocked one), I don't think that anyone is gonna sell it at less than half of it's price soon if it is in working condition. What you can do is to have a locked one pricing $199 (16 GB brand new).
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

Ok so if i get the iphone 5 unlocked through apple, all I have to do is use my tmobile nano sim and put it on the iphone 5 and i have service?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurizen View Post
    Ok so if i get the iphone 5 unlocked through apple, all I have to do is use my tmobile nano sim and put it on the iphone 5 and i have service?
    Exactly. Plus, T-Mobile is fixing their network to support the iPhone. So eventually you will have 3G and possibly 4GLTE when they launch their network.

ok cool, I might get one, when will they sell the unlocked iphones?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast