welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Won't charge / turn on

Won't charge / turn on

I've worked on several phones, but am a little stumped here on this one. Got a phone that wouldn't charge or turn on, just dead to the world. I immediately changed the dock port thinking that's probably what it was and still the same thing. I pulled the main board and put it in mine to make sure it wasn't bad and the board works fine in mine so it's a component somewhere. I have eliminated it being the dock port and battery. Either one of these didn't fix the issue.

What next? I thought the cable that goes from the power button to the board?

Any help is appreciated.

Device
    iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPad 1,2,3
    Quote Originally Posted by joho5 View Post
    I've worked on several phones, but am a little stumped here on this one. Got a phone that wouldn't charge or turn on, just dead to the world. I immediately changed the dock port thinking that's probably what it was and still the same thing. I pulled the main board and put it in mine to make sure it wasn't bad and the board works fine in mine so it's a component somewhere. I have eliminated it being the dock port and battery. Either one of these didn't fix the issue.

What next? I thought the cable that goes from the power button to the board?

Any help is appreciated.
    Is it 3gs? It maybe the fuse located near vibrate. If this is the prob, you can bypass it with single wire and soldering it by the two end. If you have done it but still can't. Use alcohol to clean the board. Gud luck..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCl0udMY View Post
    Is it 3gs? It maybe the fuse located near vibrate. If this is the prob, you can bypass it with single wire and soldering it by the two end. If you have done it but still can't. Use alcohol to clean the board. Gud luck..
    its an iPhone 4

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2

Hold power and home button

Hey joho5
    Try holding power+ home buttons of your iPhone 4 for some time, may be your phone screen will show up.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

+ Reply to Thread