welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do you think Android users will switch to the iPhone 5?

Do you think Android users will switch to the iPhone 5?

As Samsung loss in the battle with Apple, May be Apple vs Google will happened according to the rumors. So do you think the Android users will switch to the iPhone 5?
    I think a part of Android will come to the IOS 6. And Apple will dominant in the smartphone market in the future.

What is your opinion? I don't hope that happened

Source: http://iphone-myspace.blogspot.com/2...switch-to.html
    Last edited by webbjames; 09-10-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Device
    iPhone 4S
    I think the iPhone 5 will be bought almost only by already-apple-users. Android users don't have a reason to switch. Android devices are way more up-to-date when it comes to hardware, they have a WAY better app store, better browser and are as easy if not easier to use than iOS devices. The only reason for changing to iPhone is the great design and built quality, which results in much higher price.

While there are almost no reasons to switch from Android to iOS, the reasons to switch the other way are getting more and more. Missing flash support and sd-card slot are old well-known downers, but with replacing google maps by apple's own map service and now even deleting youtube (one of the main apps until now) there come all new reasons to not buy an iPhone.

Apple already lost so much market share, and they will lose more and more if they keep on their current course. Trying to sue every competitor won't help there. It is sad to watch but apple is rapidly losing the phone market since job's death.

And before the flamewar begins: Yes I use android devices, but my main phone still is an iPhone 4s :P

Quote Originally Posted by boelze View Post
    I think the iPhone 5 will be bought almost only by already-apple-users. Android users don't have a reason to switch. Android devices are way more up-to-date when it comes to hardware, they have a WAY better app store, better browser and are as easy if not easier to use than iOS devices. The only reason for changing to iPhone is the great design and built quality, which results in much higher price.

While there are almost no reasons to switch from Android to iOS, the reasons to switch the other way are getting more and more. Missing flash support and sd-card slot are old well-known downers, but with replacing google maps by apple's own map service and now even deleting youtube (one of the main apps until now) there come all new reasons to not buy an iPhone.

Apple already lost so much market share, and they will lose more and more if they keep on their current course. Trying to sue every competitor won't help there. It is sad to watch but apple is rapidly losing the phone market since job's death.

And before the flamewar begins: Yes I use android devices, but my main phone still is an iPhone 4s :P
    Yes, I agree with you, and it is also difficult for Apple to defeat the Samsung Galaxy S3 with the new iPhone 5

I agree as well. I just hope Tim has something up his sleeve for the new iPhone because the "leaks" ive seen so far aren't making me want to get it right when it comes out. When I think about it, ya it will probably be pretty awesome
    For the most part and I personally think the new maps app will be nice with the flyover feature and turn by turn (finally). And also that famous apple build quality and the smoothness of iOS... I love android even though I have a 4S right now, but android still has yet to show me it can operate as bug-free and smoothly as iOS. Although I haven't tried JellyBean yet so I could be wrong about that, as far as ICS and earlier though, iOS takes the cake. I tried the S3 out and returned it because I am sure now that I had a faulty one, I'm talking about EXTREME battery draining and yes I tried everything even bought Juice defender ultra or whatever for $5 , and it would lag like no other it was horrible my atrix and old iPhone 3G was better than it (seriously) so I returned it for a white 4S and in the past two months or so since, I've messed with y girlfriend's S3 and hers' is amazing! Super fast and decent battery life, and it very rarely lags. Plus I turned off window/transition frames to "off" in the 'Developer Options' settings and it opens apps up instantly now. So I hope this new iPhone gives the S3 a run for its money for the sake of us consumers or else I'm getting another S3

I think only a very small and tiny fraction of Android users would switch.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2

Not all but few

Since Apple won the conflicted case over Samsung, the sale of a few Samsung Smartphone (approx 8 models) may get banned in US. Since in the court results there was nothing mentioned regarding the customers using those specific Samsung mobile devices, people will not switch from those devices to iPhone due to the court result. But yes the sale of iPhone Smartphones will get a hike as people will not be having some of the most favorite android mobile devices available for purchase and so they will find iPhone devices a better option to carry.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2

22 percent

Today morning I comes through an infographics that shows a research that a lot of people are willing for updating for iPhone 5.
    Among them 22% of android phone users will have an iPhone 5 soon it gets released by Apple.

There is nothing the iPhone offers that could convince many android users to switch to iOS. I've only had my iPhone for a month, and it's lack of customisation and lack off app variety is already starting to bore me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
    There is nothing the iPhone offers that could convince many android users to switch to iOS. I've only had my iPhone for a month, and it's lack of customisation and lack off app variety is already starting to bore me.

Lack of app variety?! Apple App Store has thousands of more apps than android! But I will agree that whichever device u started out on will always be your "home" if u know what I mean. I have had an equal amount of both iPhone and Android devices so far but I lean a bit more towards iOS for some reason although at times I am envious of Android

Quote Originally Posted by Macleod644 View Post
    Lack of app variety?! Apple App Store has thousands of more apps than android! But I will agree that whichever device u started out on will always be your "home" if u know what I mean. I have had an equal amount of both iPhone and Android devices so far but I lean a bit more towards iOS for some reason although at times I am envious of Android

My first few devices were windows mobile 6/6.5 phones, but i wouldnt touch WP7 with a bargepole. I really dont like that Metro UI

dstruct2k likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast