welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! How to fix push notification on iOS 5.1.1 ? (iPhone 3GS HERE!)

HELP! How to fix push notification on iOS 5.1.1 ? (iPhone 3GS HERE!)

Hey guys, I have an iPhone 3GS 16GB running iOS 5.1.1, untethered jailbreak on it. (BASEBAND IS 06.15.00)

My problem is that, the push notifications doesn't work, I am guessing its because of the hacktivation process? I read about that on the internet which also the cause of the battery drainage of most iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.1.1

Actually I just had my iPhone 3GS jailbreak untethered on a mall and I didn't jailbreak it myself so I have no idea how he made my phone untethered jailbreak.

The reason why I had it jailbreak is because the iPhone is locked on an AT&T network, I live in the Philippines so I had to unlock it to be able to use. I can use the iPhone with any sim now.

Anyone can help me out? I have been searching all over the Internet but I couldn't find any solutions, and I am a bit worried that I may brick my iPhone.. I am willing to learn though! It's really annoying when I can't receive any notifications from my apps (Like, Viber, Skype, LINE NAVER)

Please help..

Anyone can help me..?

Device
    iPhone 4
    It's because of the hacktivation. Follow this guide to restore push notifications: AddictiveTips Blog ArchiveFix iMessage/FaceTime & Push Notifications On Hacktivated iPhone 4/3GS

Quote Originally Posted by tehh4ck3r View Post
    It's because of the hacktivation. Follow this guide to restore push notifications: AddictiveTips Blog ArchiveFix iMessage/FaceTime & Push Notifications On Hacktivated iPhone 4/3GS
    I've tried that many times bro, I can't seem to make it work. Really, about gazillion times. I'm frustrated because push notification is one of the important feature on the iOS -_-

Device
    iPhone 4
    Try restoring the phone through iTunes and then use sn0wbreeze to hacktivate it

Try restoring the phone through iTunes and then use sn0wbreeze to hacktivate it
    hmm restoring it officially through iTunes? You see, the iPhone I own right now were bought from the US and locked from AT&T so I am worried if I restore it on iTunes officially it will be locked again to AT&T and my baseband will not be preserved (currently on 06.15.00)

Can I restore it using this steps?

restore the iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 to a CFW of iOS 5.1.1 and then jailbreak (untethered) it using absinthe (note without hacktivating it on redsn0w) ?

after that how can I unlock the phone again so I can use a local sim card ?

Device
    iPhone 4
    if your BB is on 06.15.00 it will always be preserved.

Download the latest version if iTunes and the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for the 3GS
    Download the latest version of redsn0w
    Create a NO_BB ("no baseband") custom IPSW using redsn0w- open redsn0w, click "Extras", and click "Custom IPSW"
    Enter pwned DFU mode- In redsn0w, go back to the Extras menu and click "Pwned DFU".
    Open iTunes and hold down the "Shift" key (on Windows) or "Option" key (on Mac) and click on Restore.
    Navigate to your custom IPSW (the NO_BB ipsw) and select it.
    Then continue with the restore as normal.

Afterwards you can jailbreak/hacktivate/unlock etc.

if your BB is on 06.15.00 it will always be preserved.

Download the latest version if iTunes and the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for the 3GS
    Download the latest version of redsn0w
    Create a NO_BB ("no baseband") custom IPSW using redsn0w- open redsn0w, click "Extras", and click "Custom IPSW"
    Enter pwned DFU mode- In redsn0w, go back to the Extras menu and click "Pwned DFU".
    Open iTunes and hold down the "Shift" key (on Windows) or "Option" key (on Mac) and click on Restore.
    Navigate to your custom IPSW (the NO_BB ipsw) and select it.
    Then continue with the restore as normal.

Afterwards you can jailbreak/hacktivate/unlock etc.
    Okay I will try that and let you know how it goes later, I hope it will work as I've tried everything..

Thanks!

i can help you...
    message me
    i have a 100% working fix..
    [email protected]

+ Reply to Thread