welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do you ever feel embarrassed?

Do you ever feel embarrassed?

Hey all, new member here. I was just wondering if anyone here ever feels embarrassed by owning an iPhone? I have a 4s now and have been with an iPhone since the 3gs days, but I am starting to feel a little bad about it. A lot of my friends and coworkers have Android phones and I am envious sometimes to be honest. I am starting to feel like I want a larger screen, 4G, a more robust UI, etc.

Am I alone? Anything you guys can do to make me look on the brighter side?
    a5b5c5 and 15bucks like this.

to be honest i feel the same way. its embarrassing that we still dont have 4g speeds and turn by turn navigation. I thought we were setting the bar for everyone else?? what happened?!

Turn by turn is coming. So is a larger screen. So is LTE. So are many other features like expanded Siri, Passbook, and more. Apple takes it's time sometimes to get it right, rather than roll out something not ready for prime time. The screen on the 4s, while smaller, is superior to the AMOLED screen. I can't use my GNex outside unless the sun is down... totally useless. The iOS retina display is amazing and no Android handset can match it yet. Android 4.0.n isn't as smooth as iOS and still has a way to go to catch up (Although Jelly Bean Android 4.1 brings it much closer, still not there). Hang in there, the Apple feature set that leads the pack will leap over Android or meet on feature parity soon enough. At least my iPhone is functional outside in the daytime. Also, the iPhone 4s is better constructed IMHO... even when considering the front and back are glass it still measures up. Most androids are made as cheaply as possible with very little thought to overall design. Frankly, I'm looking forward to the next generation iPhone, and the long rumored smaller iPad. And the only real feature I'm looking for but not sure about yet is whether or not Passbook will have hardware NFC support with contactless transaction integration.
    Last edited by Wilsonium; 07-05-2012 at 04:31 PM.

You're not the only one out there who is willing to switch. I have many friends who own an android and trust me, if you go for looks Androids looks alot better than iPhones.

Wait for iphone 5,,, the solution for your problem.......
    Bigger screen, advance tech and nice features..........

If you´re a way into tech world android may be a pleasure. If u r a regular user, keep ios and iphone going. Trust me. I have both of them: android since google 1 and iphone since 2g. My datas from ios are the same since i just need to jailbreak my new device and they´re all there again. Unlike, in android i always have problem regarding restore backups, expect of course, my google account (gmail, notes, so on) wich comer on the fly. Although i love its ui and spending time with handling line commands. 8)

Make yr choice.

Seriously this is completely ridiculous statements.

My experience with Apple has been truly amazing,features work as expected. With such a strong control over hardware,software iPhone s are able to deliver outstanding experience,clearly indicated by the high satisfaction level of users.

Nowadays most of them are complaining about screen size,but a larger screen size iPhone with even better hardware is going to be launch very soon. Whats embarrassment here,either the OP of that topic is a retard or may be exaggerating too much.

Quote Originally Posted by android_master View Post
    Seriously this is completely ridiculous statements.

My experience with Apple has been truly amazing,features work as expected. With such a strong control over hardware,software iPhone s are able to deliver outstanding experience,clearly indicated by the high satisfaction level of users.

Nowadays most of them are complaining about screen size,but a larger screen size iPhone with even better hardware is going to be launch very soon. Whats embarrassment here,either the OP of that topic is a retard or may be exaggerating too much.
    Or maybe he just has a different opinion than you?

It seems to me that whenever I go to an iPhone forum there's a lot of waiting. "Wait for this it will come out soon" or "Wait for the new iPhone X it will have this this and this" and by the time the new iPhone has come out it's already outdated while it's Android counterparts have moved on to newer stuff and we're stuck with more "Wait for the new iPhone it will have that". Just my opinion, don't hate.

Not at all. I went from Android to iPhone 4S on my own and have never regretted my decision. So far the only thing I miss from Android was Google Navigation, but aside from that, the lack of crashing incidents with my iPhone are great! Besides, I don't see a reason to feel embarrassed, there are very few things Android can do that a jailbroken iPhone can't do (based on my experience).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast