welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do you ever feel embarrassed?

Device
    iPhone 4
    No need to be embarrassed.

Android need a quad core beast + 2100 massive battery in order to just keep up with iphone 4/4s 's single core/dual core + 1400 batt. (THATs embarrassing!)

I have both s3 and a old iphone 4. Other then features that i hardly use in s3, both device are relatively doing the same thing.. both can get me thru the day.. with iphone 4 getting better standby time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonium View Post
    Turn by turn is coming. So is a larger screen. So is LTE. So are many other features like expanded Siri, Passbook, and more. Apple takes it's time sometimes to get it right, rather than roll out something not ready for prime time. The screen on the 4s, while smaller, is superior to the AMOLED screen. I can't use my GNex outside unless the sun is down... totally useless. The iOS retina display is amazing and no Android handset can match it yet. Android 4.0.n isn't as smooth as iOS and still has a way to go to catch up (Although Jelly Bean Android 4.1 brings it much closer, still not there). Hang in there, the Apple feature set that leads the pack will leap over Android or meet on feature parity soon enough. At least my iPhone is functional outside in the daytime. Also, the iPhone 4s is better constructed IMHO... even when considering the front and back are glass it still measures up. Most androids are made as cheaply as possible with very little thought to overall design. Frankly, I'm looking forward to the next generation iPhone, and the long rumored smaller iPad. And the only real feature I'm looking for but not sure about yet is whether or not Passbook will have hardware NFC support with contactless transaction integration.
    Completely disagree.

I was in Rhodes for 2 weeks with my iphone 4S and i could never see the screen. I got rid of it in July and got my S3. I'm just back from a holiday in Spain and i could see the screen on my S3 just fine. Colours are much nicer on the AMOLED as well.

As for build quality, well i dont agree again. I got a new back for my S3 after scrapping it really badly, and i mean really badly and i tried to break it. I bent it from tip to tip and not once did it crack. I dropped my 4S about 10inches and the back smashed. I would say the S3 is better!! Jelly bean is much smoother and nicer to use than iOS5. Not sure about iOS6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by eletro View Post
    No need to be embarrassed.

Android need a quad core beast + 2100 massive battery in order to just keep up with iphone 4/4s 's single core/dual core + 1400 batt. (THATs embarrassing!)

I have both s3 and a old iphone 4. Other then features that i hardly use in s3, both device are relatively doing the same thing.. both can get me thru the day.. with iphone 4 getting better standby time.
    Ah but it doesnt!! The S2 kicked the iphone 4S arse into submission in every respect. I went from an S2 to the iphone 4S thinking it was better. How wrong was i!!

Why would I feel embarrassed? The phone does what I wanted it to do, and that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ke4peo View Post
    As an Android to iPhone convert....I can say that the one thing that impresses me about the iPhone is it's stability. I recently got an iPhone 4 and got it factory unlocked so I could use it on my T-Mobile service. In all the time I spent on Android, I was constantly rebooting my phone, or clearing caches to try and keep it stable. Even on stock, non-rooted, right out of the box phones. Since I've had my iPhone 4 I've had to power off/on.....once. And that was to troubleshoot a bluetooth issue that turned out to be my bluetooth car stereo problem and not the iPhone. There are a couple of things from Android that I miss and haven't figured out how to do on the iPhone, so maybe some of you seasoned iPhone veterans can direct me on how to do them.

1) Changing APN/MMS settings. Android had a menu you could go in and edit and tweak your APN settings. I can't seem to find this in iOS. I found instructions on how to modify some file in an iTunes restore and then restore it back, but I don't want to have to go through all that again. My main issue is that MMS doesn't seem to be working on T-Mobile on the iPhone 4.

2) There was an app called Hide-It on Android that allowed me to set applications, music, pictures, or video private and basically hidden from anyone using my phone. Is there an equivalent for the iPhone? Or perhaps a way to just copy the files to storage area of the phone and access them through a file manager instead of Photos and Videos apps seeing them?
    1) support.t-mobile.com/thread/17918

2) Poof!, SBSettings, Springtomize 2

Device
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Don't change to Android..
    I have been back and forth between Apple and Android phones. First I had was an Nexus One. I loved that phone. But to me Android was a flawed OS. Resource hungry and laggy.
    I sold it after a while and tried iPhone for 3 years until I decided to try Android again to see if it had improved.

In the end I was disappointed. Still resource hungry and laggy at times. Even with custom Roms and oc'ed CPU.

Im sorry but iOS is just much better running OS than Android. It doesn't require the power that Android needs. It flows like butter, even on older models..

I am waiting for the new iPhone 5. I have had my last Android.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2

iPhone is a nice cell

Hey dear iPhone 4S is a nice smart phone, if you make it's comparison with latest android mobile devices then it's interface may appear bit non attractive but keep it mind that iOS 5 was launched approx an year ago. And if the screen size is the issue check for coming iPhone smart phone. When you will have it, you will feel superior to other holding android devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindroid View Post
    Don't change to Android..
    I have been back and forth between Apple and Android phones. First I had was an Nexus One. I loved that phone. But to me Android was a flawed OS. Resource hungry and laggy.
    I sold it after a while and tried iPhone for 3 years until I decided to try Android again to see if it had improved.

In the end I was disappointed. Still resource hungry and laggy at times. Even with custom Roms and oc'ed CPU.

Im sorry but iOS is just much better running OS than Android. It doesn't require the power that Android needs. It flows like butter, even on older models..

I am waiting for the new iPhone 5. I have had my last Android.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
    Have you even tried Jellybean 4.1?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123