welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone 5 fell in puddle of water

iPhone 5 fell in puddle of water

My sisters iPhone 5 fell in a puddle and I'm trying to see if this phone can be resurrected. BTW I plan to coat the internals with NeverWet cause the kids love to dip these phones in cups of water too.

I took the phone apart and dried it piece by piece as soon as I got it. Left it on a bowl of rice just in case I missed some water. Put it back together and nothing. Plugged it in and nothing, but after a while it gets warm. So there must be some life left in this phone I figure. I've seen this happen with my Galaxy S4 where it gets warm but the screen is broken. Except I hear no sounds or see any life in this device but I think that's normal.

Could it be only the lcd was damage from water? It's $26 on Ebay for a replacement, does anyone think it's worth a damn to try?

I cleaned the contacts for the display cause it looked badly corroded. Still nothing on screen an board gets hot. I'm thinking of getting another logic board but nothing I see is cheap on Ebay. I see a lot of broken phones with problems with iCloud that are only $50. Is that an issue that can't be corrected for a logic board swap?

+ Reply to Thread