welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Iphone 4 CDMA on Boost mobile?

Iphone 4 CDMA on Boost mobile?

Hey, I've got a quick question for you guys today.

Recently, the Iphone 4 CDMA has been unlocked to work voice and I believe data on cricket. I don't doubt that it's technically possible, but with the right programs and tools like cdma workshop, would it be possible to unlock the Iphone 4 to boost mobile's new cdma network?

Device
    HTC Incredble+ iPad WiFi (1st Gen)+iPod Touch 2G
    I don't think so. Boost Mobile runs off of Sprint's network and Sprint uses different frequencies I think

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Exclamation

Boost mobile WILL work with you to transfer register the iPhon 4. I spoke with them today after considering it. It seems that only phone and text will work initially. It will take time and effort for someone to figure out how to configure data and mms services. No one at BoostMobile/Sprint are trained to services iPhones.

No it's not allowed. It's illegal, and I don't think we're allowed to discuss such practices.

Before you argue that it's not illegal, Boost Mobile only accepts ESNs that exists in it's database, there's no way to add it like there is in metroPCS's network so the only way to put an iPhone 4 on Boost Mobile is to change the ESN. Another thing is the iPhone is almost impossible to touch at hardware-level data (ESN), even software is hard enough (for GSM unlocks and such), so I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

By software-level unlock for GSM unlocks I meant ultrasn0w (which tricks the iPhone to think it's unlocked).

Quote Originally Posted by justinxtreme View Post
    No it's not allowed. It's illegal, and I don't think we're allowed to discuss such practices.

Before you argue that it's not illegal, Boost Mobile only accepts ESNs that exists in it's database, there's no way to add it like there is in metroPCS's network so the only way to put an iPhone 4 on Boost Mobile is to change the ESN. Another thing is the iPhone is almost impossible to touch at hardware-level data (ESN), even software is hard enough (for GSM unlocks and such), so I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

"It's illegal" ??really?I dint know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprils View Post
    "It's illegal" ??really?I dint know about it.
    To flash to a network like boost that only accepts ESN's from branded devices, you need to clone the ESN from a boost device to a non boost device. ESN cloning and spoofing is illegal to do.

Cool Sprint to Boost

Ok um, you should be able to unlock the iPhone if it's from Sprint and use it on the Boost network. Sprint and Nextel merged a while back and Boost is owned by Nextel. My husband bought a Motorola i1 from the Sprint store and activated it on the Boost network, now that may have worked because Boost themselves were offering the i1 in there shop, but when my husband powers on his phone it says Nextel on it. So If the iPhone comes from Sprint, I don't see why you can't use it on the Boost network. Why do you think Sprint is the only cell phone company that doesn't have a prepaid plan??...because they have Boost.
    Last edited by tbanchetto; 10-18-2011 at 05:01 AM. Reason: forgot to add something.

Quote Originally Posted by vbetts View Post
    To flash to a network like boost that only accepts ESN's from branded devices, you need to clone the ESN from a boost device to a non boost device. ESN cloning and spoofing is illegal to do.
    Why do you bother responding if you don't know the answer? Boost has a classification called "Other" in their system. They will certainly turn it on, but it is the responsibility of the USER to get the phone flashed to accept their network. How do I know this? I have an iPhone 4 currently running on Boost. End of discussion: the answer is yes.

Furthermore, it is not illegal to clone your own ESN. The ESN is assigned to your hardware that you use. It is against the law to engage in fraud (for instance to defraud a company out of payment by cloning your ESN). I love you google lawyers who think you know everything. You can definitely re-assign your ESN to another device to get it functioning on sevice you pay for and use in good faith.

The law that you are referring to was written a long time ago when ESN cloning was used to steal cell service. There is existing case law and precendent that supports lawful ESN cloning, in fact, your phone company does it regularly (and they are not the manufacturer of the phone who applied for the block of ESN numbers so they are not entitled directly under the old law that you are referring to, to do so)
    Scooby41612 and tyronemau like this.

Device
    iphone 4s
    im very interested in knowing if its possible

thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast