welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Iphone 4 CDMA on Boost mobile?

casca_the_immortal is a badass and doesn't take any sh!t from any douche-bags!

iphone 4gs on boost

Quote Originally Posted by casca_the_immortal View Post
    Why do you bother responding if you don't know the answer? Boost has a classification called "Other" in their system. They will certainly turn it on, but it is the responsibility of the USER to get the phone flashed to accept their network. How do I know this? I have an iPhone 4 currently running on Boost. End of discussion: the answer is yes.

Furthermore, it is not illegal to clone your own ESN. The ESN is assigned to your hardware that you use. It is against the law to engage in fraud (for instance to defraud a company out of payment by cloning your ESN). I love you google lawyers who think you know everything. You can definitely re-assign your ESN to another device to get it functioning on sevice you pay for and use in good faith.

The law that you are referring to was written a long time ago when ESN cloning was used to steal cell service. There is existing case law and precendent that supports lawful ESN cloning, in fact, your phone company does it regularly (and they are not the manufacturer of the phone who applied for the block of ESN numbers so they are not entitled directly under the old law that you are referring to, to do so)
    Casca_the_Immortal,

Would jailbreaking the iphone 4gs be required to register the unlocked esn on boost mobile? I registered with the site only because you're the only one that sounds the most informed regarding the topic. I know you can registered esn's via the website but not sure if it will be sufficient enough and maybe a phone call to a rep would work more efficiently since I think the website only has a database with boost ESN' id's. Hopefully you still visit the site... Thanks in advance.

Why do you bother responding if you don't know the answer? Boost has a classification called "Other" in their system. They will certainly turn it on, but it is the responsibility of the USER to get the phone flashed to accept their network. How do I know this? I have an iPhone 4 currently running on Boost. End of discussion: the answer is yes.

Furthermore, it is not illegal to clone your own ESN. The ESN is assigned to your hardware that you use. It is against the law to engage in fraud (for instance to defraud a company out of payment by cloning your ESN). I love you google lawyers who think you know everything. You can definitely re-assign your ESN to another device to get it functioning on sevice you pay for and use in good faith.

The law that you are referring to was written a long time ago when ESN cloning was used to steal cell service. There is existing case law and precendent that supports lawful ESN cloning, in fact, your phone company does it regularly (and they are not the manufacturer of the phone who applied for the block of ESN numbers so they are not entitled directly under the old law that you are referring to, to do so)

I currently have the boost mobile service and would LOVE to know the process i would have to do in order to activate a iPhone with boost service. Would i only have talk/text or will i also have internet and all the works? Please let know
    ShiftShone likes this.

iphone 4 on boost

I want to have the iphone 4 on boost...can you help me to accomplish this?

Red face Love your answer!

I am so happy you posted this! I have had Sprint/Nextel for like 7 years and the cost for the plans just keeps going sky high...the only reason I haven't switched to Boost is bc I wanted to buy the iPhone for so long...two of my daughters have Boost and their service is as good as mine and much less money! I will definitely be messaging you soon to get some info on where I can get info online about doing this myself!

Casca could make A LOT of cash if he had an online workshop or something. definitely interested in trying to get this done. Currently have the Samsung Epic, but would like to have the iphone only if MMS, internet and GPS worked....

Can u please tell me the steps you took to do this i really need help I want to use my sprint iphone 4 on boost

you are right......so lets get that iphone onto Boostmobile people!!! i got two now waiting to get done... any help?

Device
    blackberry 8330
    For my first post I would like to beg for instructions to get an Iphone4 on boost. Pretty please?

[gru]The appearance of de pleese is of no impohtance"[/gru]

After reading through the forum a bit, I see posters being called leeches. Asking for instructions and no legwork. I guess i could learn about this stuff myself and try to contribute to the community.

Challenge Accepted!!

okay so after a night of research i think i have a plan.

I hate that I am not yet knowledgeable enough to explain my thoughts more technically so

In order to have an iphone under boost it needs to have a boost esn.

Other say you need to have a phone already on boost and flash the esn from boost phone to the iphone. So i guess ill get my hands on an iphone and try to flash the esn on my boost blackberry to the iphone.

but, my blackberry has and imei and an MEID. Several post across the web indicate that either my dec or hex MEID is compatible as an ESN? So i flash one to iphone and see what happens.

Off to obtain iphone.

If ive got anything wrong here, let me know.
    Last edited by dose_sponge; 02-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.

iPhone on Boost Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by dose_sponge View Post
    For my first post I would like to beg for instructions to get an Iphone4 on boost. Pretty please?

[gru]The appearance of de pleese is of no impohtance"[/gru]

After reading through the forum a bit, I see posters being called leeches. Asking for instructions and no legwork. I guess i could learn about this stuff myself and try to contribute to the community.

Challenge Accepted!!

okay so after a night of research i think i have a plan.

I hate that I am not yet knowledgeable enough to explain my thoughts more technically so

In order to have an iphone under boost it needs to have a boost esn.

Other say you need to have a phone already on boost and flash the esn from boost phone to the iphone. So i guess ill get my hands on an iphone and try to flash the esn on my boost blackberry to the iphone.

but, my blackberry has and imei and an MEID. Several post across the web indicate that either my dec or hex MEID is compatible as an ESN? So i flash one to iphone and see what happens.

Off to obtain iphone.

If ive got anything wrong here, let me know.

So how did it go, were you able to get the iPhone on boost mobile network???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast