welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to recover Text messages/sms from iphone

Account Currently Disabled

How to recover Text messages/sms from iphone

Hello, does anybody knows that it is possible to recover lost messages from iPhone? I got a message from a random person and I wanted to delete it. So I swiped my finger across the first entry in my Messages folder and hit delete. Then I saw the same message, still there, and I realized that I deleted the wrong one, now I need to recovery my important messages, please help!!!!

I need a message that I’ve deleted 24 hours ago by “clear conversation”. I don’t have this message in last itunes backup, so my only chance is a new backup. I extracted OS files via “iPhone Backup Extractor” and found an sms.db file there. Than I’ve opened it via sqlitebrowser-1.3. And I didn’t find there any deleted messages, only same messages which are currently available on iPhone. There are missed ID’s in the db table. So I suppose there’s no chance to recover deleted iPhone messages. Sorry for my English.
    Last edited by Jimes118; 10-22-2013 at 12:55 AM.

I have met the same problem before, to recover text messages from iPhone, that's a bit difficult, well, however, i know that there are certain tools on the web which can help you if you keep your backup files, such as iPubsoft which i often use!
    Last edited by sandraalan; 10-24-2013 at 09:22 PM.

If the messages exist in the backup, then they can definitely be recovered. Now there are 3 things you can do retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone:-
    1 - Go to Apple Genius bar and see if they can help
    2 - Restore from the backup:- This will get you all the messages you want, but will wipe out everything that came into your phone since the backup date
    3 - Get a backup recovery software:- I have used iPhone SMS recovery software and would definitely recommend it. There are other options though, like the one Daiya has suggested, but they are just too expensive. It does the exact same thing for much less.

Thumbs up

Today i find a video about this, it says the program can help to recover deleted text messages no matter if there was a itunes backup.

youtube.com/watch?v=tlFnl0KKx4I
    Last edited by parsons41; 10-25-2013 at 11:23 PM.

a free tool called iPhone Message Recovery may help if you have ever backed up your iPhone.
    Last edited by Helubeo; 06-25-2016 at 02:26 AM.

A software called iPhone data recovery may help you no matter you have a backup in iTunes or not.

Hi,

Checkout this link ( iphone-ipad-recovery.com/recover-deleted-text-messages-from-iphone.html ), in that they have clearly explained the methodology to recover text messages.

Hope it helps!

Hi,

Checkout this link ( iphone-ipad-recovery.com/recover-deleted-text-messages-from-iphone.html ), in that they have clearly explained the methodology to recover text messages.

Hope it helps!

There are various ways to restore deleted messages:

1. Using iTunes Backup
    - Disable automatic syncing in iTunes
    - Connect your iPhone to your computer
    - Restore the iPhone from a backup.

2. Using iCloud
    - Erase your iPhone.
    - Select the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option.
    - Allow the content to download onto your iPhone.

3. Using Third Party Software
    - Download, install, and open data recovery software like Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast