welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How most scammers work - Must Read

  1. #1
    Member xternal.it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    58
    Device
    iPhone 5

    Exclamation How most scammers work - Must Read

    If this thread can be stickied then it would be great.

    How most scammers work

    I write this post based on my experienced within this business. I have saved up some money just to test these websites that are "too good to be true". In the end I've ended up in stress and waste of many time.

    Anyone in the unlocking business can easily scam anyone. You thank PayPal is safe, then think again. You are safe with any scammer if you pay with a debit card or credit card. But this will be on a different topic. A scammer will create many free email accounts and for each with many paypal accounts. Paypal allows you a fix amount of credit limit for the year before you need verify your paypal account. So let us say, for the year, paypal allows you 1500 (I think its more). So having 4 different paypal accounts, that is 1500 x 4 is the amount of money you can have. When you pay on a scammer's website they will receive the money, sends it elsewhere (not withdrawn to bank account) then closed down the account (this happened to me!). Simple huh? So how to get your money if you pay through your paypal account? It can take many days as the scammer has already closed down that paypal account. BUT! If you pay with a debit card or credit card, just ring your bank and request a chargeback!!!!!!

    How to trust an unlocking business?
    • Friends/family
    • Has feedbacks (from other websites) NOT on their website!!!!!!!
    • Is a legal company with the correct address and land-line number (no unregistered numbers such as only 0800, 0845 etc Anyone can have those numbers!!)
    • eBay feedbacks (be kind if they are new on ebay )

    If you are looking for cheap unlocks and many businesses are doing it for 50% more...stay away from too good to be true!

    The person that scammed me Im still in a dispute knowing that all his paypal accounts have been deleted. Good thing I was testing them out!

    Good Luck!
    Last edited by xternal.it; 02-10-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    orxelm, septimus7 and Zulender like this.
    Not because he is selling it for 1, just ask for a discount. You will never know he may reduce it by 10% for you
    iPhone Unlocking Services, visit our website: xternal.it
    Like our Facebook Page! You will get 10% discount if you ask!: http://fb.com/xternal.it

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    114
    You made the deal with GR SOLUTION INN...???

    He is scammer and Listed as a cheater in Forums...
    xternal.it likes this.

  3. #3
    Member xternal.it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    58
    Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by nishilsoni View Post
    You made the deal with GR SOLUTION INN...???

    He is scammer and Listed as a cheater in Forums...
    He was the second! How can I forget him lol

    He also has four email addresses:

    all gsm group asia @gmail.com (416-977-5000)

    all gsm group asia s @gmail.com (416-977-9513)

    all gsm groups asia @gmail.com (416-977-9513)

    all gsm groupss asias @gmail.com (416-599-8800)
    Not because he is selling it for 1, just ask for a discount. You will never know he may reduce it by 10% for you
    iPhone Unlocking Services, visit our website: xternal.it
    Like our Facebook Page! You will get 10% discount if you ask!: http://fb.com/xternal.it

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    74
    thanks for the wonderful article

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22
    Sprint Verizon Tmobile USA Apple iPhone 5 4S Service Factory Unlock Good Bad ESN | eBay

    Does this Sprint factory unlock work, or is it a scam?
    The guy is asking the money via paypal directly....

  6. #6
    Moderator jennifur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    387
    Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by brunomcf View Post
    Sprint Verizon Tmobile USA Apple iPhone 5 4S Service Factory Unlock Good Bad ESN | eBay

    Does this Sprint factory unlock work, or is it a scam?
    The guy is asking the money via paypal directly....
    Generally when someone is asking though paypal directly it is most likely a scam. Though it might just be a way to save some money since eBay will take a percentage of the winning bid.

    I'd just be cautious if you were to do this. Paypal does generally favor the customer though.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22
    Thanks so much for your fast reply.
    I have 3 Sprint iphone 5 and rsim didn't got unlocked, I see no other option rather than this.
    But I find it very strange this sale....

  8. #8
    Moderator Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    428
    Device
    iPhone 4 & 3GS iOS 6.1.3 Old Boot fully untethered
    I would always be cautious of members of ebay with such a low feedback and more so the only 2 feedback have been for nokia lumina unlocks. Also I'm not sure if you noticed that the picture is from an i device owners website, not sure if they have an affiliation with that site either! oh and they all show the same picture with t-mobile written on the wall in the picture.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WorldWide
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by xternal.it View Post
    If this thread can be stickied then it would be great.

    How most scammers work

    I write this post based on my experienced within this business. I have saved up some money just to test these websites that are "too good to be true". In the end I've ended up in stress and waste of many time.

    Anyone in the unlocking business can easily scam anyone. You thank PayPal is safe, then think again. You are safe with any scammer if you pay with a debit card or credit card. But this will be on a different topic. A scammer will create many free email accounts and for each with many paypal accounts. Paypal allows you a fix amount of credit limit for the year before you need verify your paypal account. So let us say, for the year, paypal allows you 1500 (I think its more). So having 4 different paypal accounts, that is 1500 x 4 is the amount of money you can have. When you pay on a scammer's website they will receive the money, sends it elsewhere (not withdrawn to bank account) then closed down the account (this happened to me!). Simple huh? So how to get your money if you pay through your paypal account? It can take many days as the scammer has already closed down that paypal account. BUT! If you pay with a debit card or credit card, just ring your bank and request a chargeback!!!!!!

    How to trust an unlocking business?
    • Friends/family
    • Has feedbacks (from other websites) NOT on their website!!!!!!!
    • Is a legal company with the correct address and land-line number (no unregistered numbers such as only 0800, 0845 etc Anyone can have those numbers!!)
    • eBay feedbacks (be kind if they are new on ebay )

    If you are looking for cheap unlocks and many businesses are doing it for 50% more...stay away from too good to be true!

    The person that scammed me Im still in a dispute knowing that all his paypal accounts have been deleted. Good thing I was testing them out!

    Good Luck!
    Thank you for sharing we get the reverse at our store people claim to have a direct link and can beat our price. These i really stay away from...

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6
    did someone worked with imei-server.com ?
    they got to good prices to be true i need to make 2 orders and i dont know if they are scammers ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts