welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unlock AT&T iPhone 3GS and install official iOS 6

Unlock AT&T iPhone 3GS and install official iOS 6

Hello, I have purchased old iPhone 3GS from store in India which was running on iOS 4.1 and baseband 06.15.00. Seller told me this is an factory unlocked phone but actually on box AT&T was printed, i thought they may have unlocked it permanently. And i can use any sim card with this phone but lots of application is not compatible with this iOS 4.1. Then I have upgraded this phone to iOS 6.0.1 baseband 06.15.00 with the help of iTunes. After updating this phone is showing activation error. Then after lots of research i have installed jail break iOS 6 baseband 06.15.00. Then i found network is locked and to unlock network to use any sim i have downgraded baseband to 05.13.04 and installed ultrasn0w. Now i can use any sim card with this phone.

The problem is this phone is installed with semi tethered version of jailbreak iOS 6. So i have to use pc to boot phone in normal working mode otherwise lots of app not working and phone showing no service. I want to know can I really unlock my phone permanently and install official iOS 6 with official baseband. Or when i get untethered version of iOS 6.
    Please help me.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by wasi1987 View Post
    ...Seller told me this is an factory unlocked phone...
    Maybe seller told you a lie or he means jailbreak. Many guys here can unlock it for cheap.

Post your IMEI here and you will receive many quotes.
    Last edited by xternal.it; 01-26-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Not because he is selling it for 1, just ask for a discount. You will never know he may reduce it by 10% for you
    iPhone Unlocking Services, visit our website: xternal.it
    Like our Facebook Page! You will get 10% discount if you ask!: http://fb.com/xternal.it

Quote Originally Posted by xternal.it View Post
    Maybe seller told you a lie or he means jailbreak. Many guys here can unlock it for cheap.

Post your IMEI here and you will receive many quotes.
    Seller was definitely lying about it being factory unlocked. 6.15.00 baseband is a hint that it was a software unlock.
    Unlock your AT&T iPhone at ATTUNLOCKULOUS.COM
    Contact our team at [email protected]
    Amazing service with a fast response

Device
    iPhone 5 - 64GB

+ Reply to Thread