welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Gevey Unlocks Explained.

Device
    iPhone

Gevey Unlocks Explained.

I see a lot of people confused and giving the wrong information about gevey sims lately.
    I see constantly, "My iPhone 4 is on 5.1.1 and baseband 4.12 how do I unlock?"
    I see replies like this "No software unlock but gevey will work or factory unlock"
    I'm all for factory unlocks, if they work, haven't tried them personally, but they seem legit.

On this date(08/08/2012), gevey sim supports these modem firmwares(basebands.)

GSM iPhone 4
    1.59.00-*(If you have this baseband I suggest using ultrasn0w in cydia after jailbreak, it's FREE )

GSM iPhone 4S

CDMA iPhone 4
    There are no unlocks available to turn a CDMA iPhone 4 into a GSM compatible iPhone, because there is no sim card slot.

CDMA iPhone 4S
    *- As you can see, baseband 2.0.10 is not supported on CDMA iPhone 4S gevey sim unlock currently(08/08/2012), 2.0.10 is on firmware 5.1, so if you have this baseband simply update to 5.1.1

*-iPhone 3G/3GS have software unlocks which are more reliable in my opinion, so their gevey unlocks are not listed here.
    ByteForce - Smart Phone and Computer Repair
    Need help with jailbreaking/unlocking or hardware problems? PM me and I will always help you.
    Every like is appreciated.

Device
    iPhone 4
    Stickied the thread for more visibility. Thanks for the guide.

Device
    iPhone
    Much appreciated!
    Need help with jailbreaking/unlocking or hardware problems? PM me and I will always help you.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by reesedxg View Post
    I see a lot of people confused and giving the wrong information about gevey sims lately.
    I see constantly, "My iPhone 4 is on 5.1.1 and baseband 4.12 how do I unlock?"
    I see replies like this "No software unlock but gevey will work or factory unlock"
    I'm all for factory unlocks, if they work, haven't tried them personally, but they seem legit.

On this date(08/08/2012), gevey sim supports these modem firmwares(basebands.)

GSM iPhone 4
    1.59.00-*(If you have this baseband I suggest using ultrasn0w in cydia after jailbreak, it's FREE )

GSM iPhone 4S

CDMA iPhone 4
    There are no unlocks available to turn a CDMA iPhone 4 into a GSM compatible iPhone, because there is no sim card slot.

CDMA iPhone 4S
    *- As you can see, baseband 2.0.10 is not supported on CDMA iPhone 4S gevey sim unlock currently(08/08/2012), 2.0.10 is on firmware 5.1, so if you have this baseband simply update to 5.1.1

*-iPhone 3G/3GS have software unlocks which are more reliable in my opinion, so their gevey unlocks are not listed here.

Hi, Thanks for information guide which has been great.

Device
    iPhone
    Anytime! Thanks for the like!

Device
    iPhone 4S
    Sprint iPhone 4S Factory Unlock now Available!!! ---> Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock

Device
    iPhone 5
    thanks .. good information ..

The suggestion to buy a T-Mobile prepaid starter sim is a good way to test for any unlock you may be experimenting with, however my experience is that it costs $6.99 on their website, inc. postage.

The sell the same sim card in the brick & mortar stores, but for $9.99. I did get a local TM store to pricematch the online sim, however a year later they would not do that, so I went the online route. It only takes a few days to arrive, and the sim works for several months after you activate it, even if you never add any service to the original 10 minutes air time that is included.

Need to use the Gevey SIM but...

Great guide... cleared up some questions. However, I recently ordered the Gevey SIM from Applenberry.com but ended up canceling that order. Problem is, I need to be able to flip back and forth between Verizon and T-Mobile. If I jailbreak my Verizon data connection is fine until in install the furiousmod from Cydia and that seems to hose my Verizon data connection.

Is there a work around for this? or do I have to start carrying a second phone again?

iPhone 4s Verizon iOS 5.1.1 bb 2.0.12

Device
    iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonium View Post
    Great guide... cleared up some questions. However, I recently ordered the Gevey SIM from Applenberry.com but ended up canceling that order. Problem is, I need to be able to flip back and forth between Verizon and T-Mobile. If I jailbreak my Verizon data connection is fine until in install the furiousmod from Cydia and that seems to hose my Verizon data connection.

Is there a work around for this? or do I have to start carrying a second phone again?

iPhone 4s Verizon iOS 5.1.1 bb 2.0.12
    have never thought of doing such a thing, not really sure how to go about doing that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast