welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Gevey Unlocks Explained.

i unlocked my sprint 4s with the gevey ultra s cdma. i used unlockit.co.nz to set the apn(att hspa+). i manually set the mms settings. i couldnt find "internet tethering" settings anywhere on the web so i have not set those. anybody know what these settings should be? or do i not need them? also when i reboot i lose my mms settings and have to enter them manually again. i dont understand this because i do not have to re-enter my "cellular data" settings. thanks in advance!

Device
    LG Phone
    it is exactly as you said, I would get so confused with different opinions about whether it unlocks the phone or not. now I understand that one must also pay attention to the baseband to know whether or not it will unlock.

your guide is straightforward and insightful. thank you!

Account Currently Disabled
    and I thanks too

please am new here, i have a new iphone 4 which the carrier is in japan 13.1 the imei is 01 284200 539928 3 modem firmware 04.12.02. and am located in nigeria currently when you insert sim it says invalid sim what do i need to understand about it please.

Hi I have an iPhone 4s version 6.0.1, Modem firmware 3.0.04. This is the info I have on the carrier: Activated Carrier: Vodafone - Netherlands NLD
    Original Carrier: US Verizon Multi-Mode Commercial Service, UMTS VF NL locked
    Initial Activation Policy Description: 2070 - US CDMA Service Picker policy
    Applied Activation Policy Description: 2020 - US Verizon Multi-Mode Commercial Service, UMTS VF NL locked
    Next Tether Activation Policy Description: 2020 - US Verizon Multi-Mode Commercial Service, UMTS VF NL locked
    Product Sold by: VERIZON WIRELESS
    It is currently running on Verizon 13.0
    I am thinking of ordering an R-SIM 7 from Amazon. Will it work for me? I have been all over the place trying to get a factory unlock with no results. Please help. I am currently in the Caribbean which is all GSM. Thank you.

I am using R SIM 7+. I am experiencing frequent call drops and loss of signal strength. any body else facing the same problem?

Thumbs up Unlock any iPhone 4S on iOS 6.X.X

Quote Originally Posted by reesedxg View Post
    I see a lot of people confused and giving the wrong information about gevey sims lately.
    I see constantly, "My iPhone 4 is on 5.1.1 and baseband 4.12 how do I unlock?"
    I see replies like this "No software unlock but gevey will work or factory unlock"
    I'm all for factory unlocks, if they work, haven't tried them personally, but they seem legit.

On this date(08/08/2012), gevey sim supports these modem firmwares(basebands.)

GSM iPhone 4
    1.59.00-*(If you have this baseband I suggest using ultrasn0w in cydia after jailbreak, it's FREE )

GSM iPhone 4S

CDMA iPhone 4
    There are no unlocks available to turn a CDMA iPhone 4 into a GSM compatible iPhone, because there is no sim card slot.

CDMA iPhone 4S
    *- As you can see, baseband 2.0.10 is not supported on CDMA iPhone 4S gevey sim unlock currently(08/08/2012), 2.0.10 is on firmware 5.1, so if you have this baseband simply update to 5.1.1

*-iPhone 3G/3GS have software unlocks which are more reliable in my opinion, so their gevey unlocks are not listed here.

GPP Unlock for iPhone 4S on iOS 6.X.X is available! It works flawlessly on for any CDMA/GSM iPhone 4S!

You can Purchase it via LiberateMyi iPhone IMEI Unlock . It's only $25.00 with FREE shipping included.
    We also factory Unlock iPhones!

F.A.Q:

Will it work on Verizon and Sprint iPhone 4S?
    Yes, it will work in the USA on any carrier and internationally.

If you have any questions, please contact us via:

http://twitter.com/Liberatemyi
    Send an iMessage: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]
    Call/Text (1) 347 - 354 - 8981
    LiberateMyi.com iPhone Factory IMEI Unlocking

Can I use gevey sim even if phone is not activated? iPhone 5. Thank u.

thanks for the valuable information

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast