welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1 New Bootrom bb 06.15.00 unbricked!!!!

IPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1 New Bootrom bb 06.15.00 unbricked!!!!

Ok guys I researched up and down before actually trying to update my bb from 05.16.05 to 06.15.00 to unlock it. My iPhone 3GS was made this year in Feb. Well I tried the jailbreaking unlock method using sn0wbreeze latest version by updating my bb to 06.15.00 but I didn't know it bricks your device if you have a 3gs made later than week 28 of 2011. So my iphone was bricked and wouldn't restore in itunes like they said. Even when I tried custom restores in itunes nothing. I couldn't power the phone on. It was either of or stuck in recovery mode. So I sat and thought what I could do and I ended trying Tiny Umbrella but didnt have a shsh blog saved. So I downloaded iReb from ih8sn0w.com and named my device and put it into DFU mode. Once successful it told me to plug back into itunes and I did just that and restored it using a custom firmware. It was a success. My iPhone booted up after being bricked for 13hours. It is back to the bb 05.16.05 again though so I can't unlock it unless I do something about the bb chip. So don't think you've bricked your device. My iPhone did reboot itself once or twice before staying on. Now I must do more research before trying this method again but from what I've read im pretty much stuck. I can unlock my iPhone thru AT&T once I've had my service active for 6months.

But do you get service? (on att)?

That is amazing that you got your phone working again, but if you know a friend that has an at&t account, give them your IMEI and it will be unlocked the same day. I have 2 iPhone 3GS one is the new 8gb and the other one is a 32gb. Since I got the 8gb recently I called at&t and got it unlocked the same day but the 32gb got unlocked in 3 days.

Help

Quote Originally Posted by Mackn89 View Post
    Ok guys I researched up and down before actually trying to update my bb from 05.16.05 to 06.15.00 to unlock it. My iPhone 3GS was made this year in Feb. Well I tried the jailbreaking unlock method using sn0wbreeze latest version by updating my bb to 06.15.00 but I didn't know it bricks your device if you have a 3gs made later than week 28 of 2011. So my iphone was bricked and wouldn't restore in itunes like they said. Even when I tried custom restores in itunes nothing. I couldn't power the phone on. It was either of or stuck in recovery mode. So I sat and thought what I could do and I ended trying Tiny Umbrella but didnt have a shsh blog saved. So I downloaded iReb from ih8sn0w.com and named my device and put it into DFU mode. Once successful it told me to plug back into itunes and I did just that and restored it using a custom firmware. It was a success. My iPhone booted up after being bricked for 13hours. It is back to the bb 05.16.05 again though so I can't unlock it unless I do something about the bb chip. So don't think you've bricked your device. My iPhone did reboot itself once or twice before staying on. Now I must do more research before trying this method again but from what I've read im pretty much stuck. I can unlock my iPhone thru AT&T once I've had my service active for 6months.
    Ok i have the same issue. I used Ireb and tried to install a custom snowbreeze ipsw. didnt work. how did you do yours exactly. thanks

Device
    iphone 4/4s
    By any chance is your iPhone still under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Get your phone unlocked for the right price with no hassles.
    http://www.theunlocklab.com

I can unlock your iPhone in about 4 hours. Shoot me a
    Pm

Device
    iphone 4/4s
    Eddie he has a iPad baseband no need to do a factory unlock on this one it just doesn't work he needs to brick it and take it to apple they'll replace it for free if it's under warranty because they won't know anything about it, if it's not under warranty just got to get it out of booting to the apple logo/connect to iTunes. Which is easy done it before myself.

Well if that is the problem, Ipad baseband..It might not be hard to fix, He/Her can downgrade the baseband.

Device
    iphone 4/4s
    True 123456&, that's one way also another way is taking the phone to AT&T if it's under warranty they will replace it for free. When AT&T connects there computer to the phone they will not be able to tell what baseband it has or anything I tried that's how I know they can't tell, plus I got mine working without downgrading the baseband.

Device
    iPhone
    okay, if you "bricked" your device, it wouldn't of turned on, you installed the ipad baseband(didn't say what program you used), and it froze up, happens all the time, when it happens a custom restored is needed. when an actual brick happens, the phone won't go past the apple(several things cause this, like the ipad baseband freezing up while flashing it, so confusion happens a lot), or the iphone will boot but there will be blanks in the baseband area and other areas in the about in settings.

you may have dodged a bullet and it not install the ipad baseband but the next time you try it will actually brick your phone.
    unless of course you can flash your baseband by first checking to even see if you're compatible with the ipad baseband,
    only for SURE way to tell, is physically opening your phone up and checking your baseband(NOR) chip on the motherboard, i have a tutorial about this.
    if you are then it should flash correctly, but if you use the wrong program it may freeze up, i suggest sn0wbreeze. of course if you do not check and you are not compatible and this time the ipad baseband does go through it might brick it and give you same symptoms as if the iphone just failed to install the ipad baseband. confusion confusion confusion lol.
    ByteForce - Smart Phone and Computer Repair
    Need help with jailbreaking/unlocking or hardware problems? PM me and I will always help you.
    Every like is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast