welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ouser5
  • 1 Post By Ouser5
  • 4 Post By Ouser5
  • 1 Post By Orrangge
  • 1 Post By geek4u86

Thread: cdma iPhone 4 to Virgin mobile (usa cdma) and more

cdma iPhone 4 to Virgin mobile (usa cdma) and more

My first question is are we able to use cdma workshop and QPST working with CDMA iPhone?
    I don't want to pay 100 bucks for a flash. this guys question sums up where I'm at.....

"After people in US were able to enable Data access on their flashed iPhones, i was eager to find out the solution. What i came to know was that they are using a tool called as DFS from cdmatool.com. The only problem is it's very expensive, per device programming costs 100$. But yes, DFS is working 100% once you know what has to be done.

After digging through different forums, i was finally able to connect the iPhone 4 CDMA to CDMA Workshop and QSPT as well. I've attached snapshots of both the applications. But i think this is the first stage of this exploration and a lot more is required to be done if we need to find out an alternative to DFS.

Now the only problem is that the next step doesn't works. If i click on the read option provided by both the tools, i get an error saying it's unable to read from the device. Now the question is how come DFS is able to read the settings from the phone, which other tools are unable to do so right now.

People for whom using CDMA Workshop and QPST is a day to day task, please share your experience so that we can find out a cheaper alternative to DFS and make our iPhones work 100% perfectly."

I have a donor phone with AAA ready to go.......

ALSO Does the devices ESN and the AAA key have anything in common? For an extreme example could i throw an iPhone on Virgin mobile using the esn of one smart phone and the AAA key from another? sorry this is so long but any help (not trolls) would be great!!
    Last edited by Ouser5; 05-30-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    oscrmrtnz2 likes this.

Found these two bits, I assume after in diag i can QPST and cdma ws?

dial *5005*3424# then call you can check by dialing *#5005*3432# the 5005 spells out "look" and the 3432 would be "diag"

Dialer code to enable diag: ##3424, send. Then press *#5005*3424#, send, the screen displays that diag enabled, reboot the phone will not change this.
    Press *5005*74663# (not *#5005*74663#), send, then the phone stuck and reboot (crash?). The diag will be disabled after reboot.

still nothing with the AAA keys relativity to ESN
    oscrmrtnz2 likes this.

After thinking it over again, and viewing my sources, I'm going to assume due to this info (cap locks "GOOD ESN") that the AAA key does correlate to the esn... which makes sense I was just wanting a way to upgrade a virgin mobile phone (non android) while keeping the grandfathered 25 buck plan... as far as i can see you can't get the keys out of a rumor touch.
    I can't post links but here is what a guy said

Item: Why you need it:
    Samsung Intercept (Virgin Mobile) with a GOOD ESN number – Phone
    This is the donor phone you need to activate Virgin Mobile service on. You’ll have to have its MSID, MEID, HA key and AAA key to get service on your Epic

well i guess now i purchase a vm/android and try whats listed earlier and see what happens. to bad i loose the 25 a month

HMMMMM
    this is a strait talk flash walk thu.

What you need:
    * Verizon phone, like the Samsung Fascinate (needed to get 3G EVDO RevA HA, AAA, and DMU10 keys) yeah it sucks you need a VZW phone, but ST does run off VZW, borrow one from a friend or something -- if you only want talk/text, don't worry about this.

****forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1473141

so on strait talk...

the verizon phone was flashed with the esn from the cdma strait talk phone. the phone then pulled the AAA.... keys and then Both the ST esn+verizon AAA keys were used in the sprint phone.

I wish people would be more specific in posts/tuts some times. That way you know how it works so if you have something slightly dif, you can make it work.

Id be happy to make a full write up on getting a cdma iPhone work on Virgin if some one would like to comment or help me out. or hit a like key so i can freakn post links.

Hi, I would like a step by step method to flash my Verizon iPhone 4 to Virgin Mobile. Any help?
    jbryson16 likes this.

i also have cdma workshop.. i have a paid version. also i have paid version of dfs but just a 20 donation version.. but im in the same boat about ports... ive read some about it and come to the conclusion u need to connect with a virtual port.. i havnt figured much more out.. so if u have let me know cuz im trying to flash boost to a cdma sprint iphone with bad esn
    oscrmrtnz2 likes this.

Until there's a public MEID repair solution for the iPhone, the only way you'll get one on Virgin without buying one involves return fraud (which I'm sure doesn't need to be explained).

i know how it feelsa im on the same pad .. trying to figure it out however im not familiar with iphones at all , even do i been a android flasher for about 2 years now . apple seems to be to secure , unless its done with a big bucks paid program like the 1 we all already know . daMN !!

Quote Originally Posted by geek4u86 View Post
    i also have cdma workshop.. i have a paid version. also i have paid version of dfs but just a 20 donation version.. but im in the same boat about ports... ive read some about it and come to the conclusion u need to connect with a virtual port.. i havnt figured much more out.. so if u have let me know cuz im trying to flash boost to a cdma sprint iphone with bad esn

Sounds great how did you manage to conect the ipod to a port so i can be found as a " " .? And how did cdma and qpst found it as ?

Quote Originally Posted by ouser5 View Post
    my first question is are we able to use cdma workshop and qpst working with cdma iphone?
    I don't want to pay 100 bucks for a flash. This guys question sums up where i'm at.....

"after people in us were able to enable data access on their flashed iphones, i was eager to find out the solution. What i came to know was that they are using a tool called as dfs from cdmatool.com. The only problem is it's very expensive, per device programming costs 100$. But yes, dfs is working 100% once you know what has to be done.

After digging through different forums, i was finally able to connect the iphone 4 cdma to cdma workshop and qspt as well. I've attached snapshots of both the applications. But i think this is the first stage of this exploration and a lot more is required to be done if we need to find out an alternative to dfs.

Now the only problem is that the next step doesn't works. If i click on the read option provided by both the tools, i get an error saying it's unable to read from the device. Now the question is how come dfs is able to read the settings from the phone, which other tools are unable to do so right now.

People for whom using cdma workshop and qpst is a day to day task, please share your experience so that we can find out a cheaper alternative to dfs and make our iphones work 100% perfectly."

i have a donor phone with aaa ready to go.......

Also does the devices esn and the aaa key have anything in common? For an extreme example could i throw an iphone on virgin mobile using the esn of one smart phone and the aaa key from another? Sorry this is so long but any help (not trolls) would be great!!

It is possible to connect and read the Iphone 4 cdma using cdma ws or qpst(kind of) and even qxdm...you basically ssh into the phone anbd use a tcp serial port redirector to create a com port....I can read everything but unfortunately you cant write anything.I am trying differtent ways currently to make a better connection.

+ Reply to Thread