welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: General iPhone Unlock FAQ

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad

General iPhone Unlock FAQ

General unlock FAQ

All factory unlock criteria and ultrasn0w supported basebands located at the bottom of the thread.

FAQ covers which iPhone's and basebands can be unlock and how to go about it, for more help please reply back.

1: iPhone 2G can be unlocked using quickpwn & redsn0w, iPhone 2G was only updated to iOS 3.1.3.
    • When unlocking this iPhone you may have to direct redsn0w to iOS 3.1.2 as it was the closest at the time.

2: iPhone 3G can be unlocked using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze and installing the iPad baseband or getting factory unlock (Latest redsn0w is recommended)

3: iPhone 3Gs (manufactured before the 28th week of 2011) can be unlocked on some lower basebands using ultrasn0w or by installing iPad baseband.

• If your iPhone 3Gs was made after the week 28 of 2011, you have to wait for ultrasn0w to support your baseband.
    • If your iPhone 3Gs was made around the week 28 of 2011, you can either attempt to unlock with the iPad baseband or open the iPhone or physically check the baseband chip.

IMG_0001.jpg

Click here for more details on finding the baseband chip or for help checking the manufacture date click here.

(ATTENTION!!! A failed attempt will leave you with a bricked iPhone.)

4: iPhone 4 can be unlocked using one of the three methods listed.
    • Ultrasn0w for baseband 01.59.00
    • Interposer (Gevey sim or Rsim) for most basebands under iOS 5.1
    • Factory unlock through the carrier (Must meet at least one of the criteria listed below)

5: iPhone 4s GSM antenna can be factory unlocked through carrier or with interposer (Gevey sim or Rsim) on select basebands or iOS, CDMA antenna can only be flashed (Ask for assistance most are paid services)

Factory unlock criteria.
    1. You have canceled your contract and paid the cancellation fee.
    2. You have completed your contract and are in good standing with the carrier (also updated the iPhone at least 1 time through carrier)
    3. Active military you are deployed, or are going to deploy.

Ultrasn0w compatible basebands.
    iPhone 3G/3GS

iPhone 4

eBay is a last ditch effort for a factory unlock, some sellers offer unlocks for all generation iPhone's (we do not guarantee this method will work and take no responsibility.)

If you've updated to iOS 5+ ultrasn0w may have issues working if so use click here to following guide.

Some unlock methods require the idevice to be jailbroken if you need a guide, you can access our jailbreak wizard through the provided link here.
    Last edited by J03Y4G; 05-18-2012 at 01:26 AM.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    Updated if it's missing anything let me know and I'll add it in
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

mine is iphone 4 with bb 4.12.01 please help me with the procedure to unlock, i am from india.

mine is iphone 3gs
    iOS 5.1.1
    BB 5.16
    serial number xx112xxxxxx
    downgraded from 6.15 to 5.16 using redsnow
    installed ultrasnow 1.2.7
    but after all these downgrading and installation of ultrasnow,
    nothing happen to unlock, it still says NO SERVICE...

JO3Y4G,
    what do you think or suggest should I do next to unlock my 3gs?

thanks for your reply...

Device
    The serial should be xx014 not starting from the 4th spot xxx148

Device
    iPod Touch 3rs Gen 32GB
    Mine is iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 firmware 04.12.01

can you unlock it?

I desperately need help. I'm in Australia and the iphone i just bought is locked to AT&T with no sim in it. I want to be able to use it on Australian networks. Can't get in touch with AT&T and because this phone is second hand there is no way I would meet any of the criteria. What can I do? I am not tech savvy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast