welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: General iPhone Unlock FAQ

Hi iphone users,
    Just got my sprint locked iphone 4s the other week, wondering how to unlock it,
    have a gevey sim coming, but assholes taking way to long, and i've been waiting for 10 days for it

have hunted google for hours upon hours, with no luck
    is there a way to unlock it otherwise ? or do i need to just keep waiting for the sim to rock up ?

Thanks

Sprint can be factory unlocked, would not advice you using Gevey Sim and gevey does not support the latest baseband.

should also mention, i'm back in Australia now

Quote Originally Posted by grv424 View Post
    mine is iphone 3gs
    iOS 5.1.1
    BB 5.16
    serial number xx112xxxxxx
    downgraded from 6.15 to 5.16 using redsnow
    installed ultrasnow 1.2.7
    but after all these downgrading and installation of ultrasnow,
    nothing happen to unlock, it still says NO SERVICE...

JO3Y4G,
    what do you think or suggest should I do next to unlock my 3gs?

thanks for your reply...
    HI, You haven't mentioned your telecom service provider. I did unlock my phone with theunlockspot.com, I suggest you the same for your need. Check with the site.
    paariventhan likes this.

Device
    iPhone 3GS
    I Have A Jailbroken iPhone 3gs Version 4.1 Firmware 6.15 And I wonder If I Can Update It To iOs 5.1.1 An Jailbreak And Unlock It Again Cuz I Tried It Once An It Didnt Read My Sim :/ Is It Possible?

ok i'm a newb when it comes to iphones so if this is in the wrong section i am sorry. i have am thinking about buying an iphone 4 but it is through sprint and i am on verizon. is there way to unlock this phone to work on verizon or am i just stuck with it on sprint thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobntaz1996 View Post
    ok i'm a newb when it comes to iphones so if this is in the wrong section i am sorry. i have am thinking about buying an iphone 4 but it is through sprint and i am on verizon. is there way to unlock this phone to work on verizon or am i just stuck with it on sprint thanks.
    I too want to know this, I'm in the same boat. I called Verizon and gave them the meid # and they said I could activate the phone. When I called back to activate it they said it needed to be flashed. No luck on finding a way or someone to flash from Sprint to Verizon yet.

Device
    IPHONE

I can Factory unlock your phone

FACTORY UNLOCK ANY AT&T Iphone no matter what operating system you are running. After we Unlock you will be able to use ANY sim card from any carrier. This unlock is permanent and your phone can never re-lock.

30 minutes - 3 hours $40
    6 to 12 hours - $30
    Call or Text : 352-587-2504 or 813-444-6212
    MONEY BACK GuARANTEED

universal.jpg

Device
    IPHONE
    FACTORY UNLOCK ANY AT&T Iphone no matter what operating system you are running. After I Unlock you will be able to use ANY sim card from any carrier. This unlock is permanent and your phone can never re-lock.

30 minutes - 3 hours $40 (Usually less than an hour)
    6 to 12 hours - $30
    If you do more than 1 phone I will do the instant Unlock for $30

Call or Text : 352-587-2504 or 813-444-6212
    MONEY BACK GuARANTEED

Hey guys !

So, My brothers iPhone 4 contract has just ended, He wants to unlock it to another network and continue to use it on PAYG (Pay As You Go) However his provider are saying only Apple can do it, and Apple are saying only his carrier can do it.

I said f*ck em ! I'll do it He's gonna give it me this weekend to do (attempt to do lol)

How easy do you reckon it will be ? Im an Android fan myself (No Hatred towards Apple at all, Just personal preference) And I have hacked / modded / rooted every android device ive ever come across lol, So im not a noob in general, Just a noob to iPhone.

The iPhone is / was on T-Mobile (UK) and my brother wants to unlock it to accept a PAYG Vodafone (UK) sim.

I dont have the phone yet so info is a little restricted, Im just after some advice as to whether or not I could actually do it and save him some !

So.. If someone can shed some light, Possibly link me to a few guides / tools that work for the Iphone 4 i'd be very grateful !

PS: Its about time you Iphone users got your own forums ! considering its the most popular choice of phone at the moment! it just looks so different compared to XDA !

Thanks guys !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast