welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about flashing CDMA Iphone 4 Verizon to any carrier please help

Question about flashing CDMA Iphone 4 Verizon to any carrier please help

Hey I google around for the pasted weeks but still kinda confused on how to flash the iphone 4 verizon CDMA.

my question is can you help me out like give me a tutz step by step ? 2nd does the phone need to be activation 1st to flash it ? 3th did you find a way to get data plan to or not ? last question is Do i have to get someone manually add the ESN for me or is there a progrem that i can use.

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    Moving this thread to the right section

If your jailbroken you can use the SAM method, there's a sticky up at the top

for the "did you find a way to get a data plan or not" Not sure what your talking about, but you can't just unlock and have data, you need a plan with that service provider.
    Last edited by 38115-2; 04-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Let me know I helped by hitting the like button!

Ask me about my private themes repo!

Follow me and iPD on Twitter!

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

when i said Data I meant like the 4G network.. i google around and coming up is only txt n call but no data plan..

let say i wanna flash to metro right now Do i have to have an account with them 1st before it can be flash.. I try flashing it to cricket last time it keep saying the phone need to be activation 1st..

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyyyy09 View Post
    when i said Data I meant like the 4G network.. i google around and coming up is only txt n call but no data plan..

let say i wanna flash to metro right now Do i have to have an account with them 1st before it can be flash.. I try flashing it to cricket last time it keep saying the phone need to be activation 1st..
    The iPhone 4 doesn't have a 4G radio.

Do you mean flash as in changing the .prl?

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

yes i mean flash as changing the .prl . what the different between flash and unlock ?

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    yes i mean flash as changing the .prl . what the different between flash and unlock ?
    Changing the .prl won't give you access to data any network you want. Unlocking allows you to use the phone on any network, in your case any CDMA network you have an account with. What carrier are you wanting to flash to?

I just wanna learn how to flash it to other carrier like cricket,boostmoblie,metroPCS etc... CDMA iphone cant be unlock right ? what the benfit of flashing a CDMA iphone ?
    Last edited by Jimmyyyy09; 04-25-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    You can unlock it, but you can only use CDMA carriers

unlocking and flashing is not the same right ?? am kinda confused now.. what the different between unlocking CDMA and Flashing a CDMA iphone ? what exactly does flashing do ??

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    unlocking and flashing is not the same right ?? am kinda confused now.. what the different between unlocking CDMA and Flashing a CDMA iphone ? what exactly does flashing do ??
    Unlocking usually refers to a GSM network and flashing usually refers to CDMA networks.

When you unlock it you can use it on any CDMA carrier, when you flash something, it's only for 1 network.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast