welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to: Bypass activation during setup - iOS 5.0 - 5.1 [Video]

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB

How to: Bypass activation during setup - iOS 5.0 - 5.1 [Video]

Hey guys, with all the ways popping up to unlock our phones, some of you are bound to run into this problem. This simple trick will allow you to bypass the activation screen without a sim card and continue to the home screen.

This will work on iOS 5.0 - 5.1

Attn: This isn't permanent, this method will bypass the activation temporarily.

Make sure you remove your sim card!

Forgive my fat fingers J03Y4G

1. Hit next on all the setup pages until you get to the activation screen (it should fail)

2. Press the home button

3. Select "Emergency Call"

4. Dial "112" and press call (any combo of #s should work)

5. Hold the sleep button until the power off screen appears

6. Press "Cancel"

7. It should go back to the activation screen

8. Press the return to call button and then end call

You should now be directed to the home screen!
    Last edited by 38115-2; 04-26-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    iobisbo likes this.
    Let me know I helped by hitting the like button!

Ask me about my private themes repo!

Follow me and iPD on Twitter!

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    I added a video guide
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePro94 View Post
    you cannot use this to Jailbreak ur iPhone 4S. if you bypass the activation this way, Absinthe cannot Jailbreak it. it says activation req.
    This is for iPhone users in general I have an iPhone 4 we were testing to see if it worked on the latest iOS which it does it's not meant to help jailbreak.

I don't see where you picked up the idea this was to jailbreak, if the device was jailbroken you could install the repo and hacktivate the iPhone.

The world doesn't revolve around i4s users.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Awesome job man it worked for me. Now I just need to get my to work on the att usa network. I have the mc605b/a.

Be careful when calling that emergency number. I have dialed 112 here in California and received a call back from the local sheriffs department asking me if there was an emergency.
    catastrophie likes this.

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonium View Post
    Be careful when calling that emergency number. I have dialed 112 here in California and received a call back from the local sheriffs department asking me if there was an emergency.
    That's why it states very clearly to remove the sim.

And gsm phones usually have a programmed number for emergency calls, the iPhone isn't 112
    Last edited by 38115-2; 05-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    catastrophie likes this.
    Let me know I helped by hitting the like button!

Ask me about my private themes repo!

Follow me and iPD on Twitter!

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

Quote Originally Posted by 38115-2 View Post
    That's why it states very clearly to remove the sim.

And gsm phones usually have a programmed number for emergency calls, the iPhone isn't 112
    I have an iPhone 4s on Verizon so couldn't really pull out the SIM. Furthermore, many many emergency numbers are identified as "emergency" numbers and will transmit regardless. Additionally... no SIM is required to be in the phone to make an emergency call. The phone will still reach out and call and here in the US, it will probably go to the local 911 dispatch office.

Account Currently Disabled
    hi to how to bypass iphone passcode?

Tried on verizon Iphone 4,

however, after I initiate emergency call, then power off sequence, then press 'cancel', it pushes me back to activation screen, with no 'return to call' link at the top of the screen (as shown in video). Therefore, I'm back to where I started.

Any others have this issue?

If so, is there a way around it?

Hello All,

I just bought an iphone 5 from UK. The seller told me that it is an unlocked version, but when I tried to insert any other sim card it will not even activate. I am stuck at the activation screen. I did IMEI check of my iphone and found out that it is locked to Vodafone UK and is barred. I tried to get IMEI unlock done, but its not possible right now since it is a barred phone.

How do I get pass the activation screen? Is there any way to use this iphone?

Thanks a for the help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast