welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: iPad BB compatible with certain new bootrom 3GS's!

Device
    iPhone

Lightbulb How to tell if your iPhone 3GS is unlockable, even 8GB models!

The common belief and when you google how to unlock 3GS is that you have to have a old bootrom which is compatible with iPad BB, new bootroms aren't compatible with iPad BB.

But this is not true, the one way to for sure tell is to open your 3GS and look at your baseband chip.

YOUR IPHONE 3GS 8GB MIGHT BE UNLOCKABLE Read below.

I posted a question on this forum asking about my new bootrom being compatible with iPad BB, and thanks to J03Y4G giving me pointers and such I found out some information from there, your bootrom doesn't necessarily matter.

Open up your iPhone and look at your NOR chip(which I like to call baseband chip ) The EE chips are compatible with iPad BaseBand. EF and EH are NOT. The bootrom doesn't matter.

TO VIEW YOUR BASEBAND CHIP REMOVE THE BOTTOM HEAT SHIELD AND IT'S ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.

EE - Could have old or new bootrom but IS compatible with iPad BB(If it has a new bootrom and it's an EE then you more than likely have a refurbished model but is compatible with iPad BB.)

EF & EH - Will have new bootrom and IS NOT compatible with iPad BB, do not flash iPad BB

IMG_0001.jpg

36MY1EE means it is compatible with iPad BB even if it's new or old bootrom.

36MY1EF or 36MY1EH or anything else at the end means it's not compatible with iPad BB and will have new bootrom on it.

Credit to J03Y4G and Beijing iPhone Repair | Repair, Restore, Unlock & Jailbreak

Original link here -> Do NOT Install Baseband 6.15.00 on 3GS w/ Numonyx 36MY1EH, 36MY1EF Chip | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com

That link doesn't pop up when you google new bootrom iPad BB you have to really look for it on the internet but iphone-developers forums is the first hit on google so that's why I shared it here to bring awareness to the problem that I've seen several times with no direct answer, so here is the direct answer.

**********EDIT NEW**********

If you have opened your phone up and found this -> IMG_0003.jpg
    Then you are not compatible with iPad BB.

FIX FOR FAILED FLASHES TO IPAD BB

If you have an iPhone 3GS with a non EE with baseband 5.16.05 which presently cannot be unlocked with ultrasn0w or updated with iPad baseband 6.15.00?
    Store | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com

If you are stuck on baseband 5.14.02, 5.15.04, 5.16.00, 5.16.02 and 5.16.05 which presently cannot be unlocked with ultrasn0w, this is also for you if you lost your GPS due to baseband 6.15.00.

If your iPhone is experiencing no IMEI, no Bluetooth and no WiFi issue, most likely it was because you were trying to flash it with iPad baseband 6.15.00 without having a EE baseband chip or due to restore failure.
    Last edited by reesedxg; 08-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Emil.Kako likes this.
    ByteForce - Smart Phone and Computer Repair
    Need help with jailbreaking/unlocking or hardware problems? PM me and I will always help you.
    Every like is appreciated.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Nice tut gonna stick this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    reesedxg likes this.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    iPhone
    Much appreciated!
    Last edited by reesedxg; 04-11-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Need help with jailbreaking/unlocking or hardware problems? PM me and I will always help you.

So is it possible to downgrade from 6.15 on a 3GS with the old bootrom? I've read conflicting stories on wether it's possible or not.

Device
    iPhone
    There is no way to downgrade from iPad BB at all for old or new bootrom.

Device
    Actually it maybe try using fuzzy band installed through cydia it'll let you know if it's possible.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    iPhone
    I thought fuzzyband was only for iPhone 3g with firmware 4.1 and lower? And didn't work on iPad BB?

Device
    iPhone
    I read up and only certain 3G's can fuzzyband downgrade the BB to a lower one that also is unlockable by ultrasn0w. 4.1 firmware and lower. Not 3GS compatible.

Device
    Oh ok it's been a while since I had read about fuzzy band

Device
    iPhone
    You'd think there would be more development for downgrading BBs, for the fact that a lot of people do it, 3GS's that don't have EE and have flashed iPad BB have a new iPod touch unfortunately, no fix for that except send it to beijingiphonerepair and they'll replace your BB chip with something unlockable rather or not you've flashed an iPad BB on it or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast